Let Me Introduce Myself.
Hi, I'm Shirl! I used to have a blog over at 49 Forever. It was dedicated to the proposition of *GULP* turning fifty. It helped me a lot to examine issues of my aging. I used the name SHIRTS there. I had seen Christiane Northrup on Oprah one day when I was home. She was discussing menopause. One of her precepts for dealing with this stage of life was to look back at the person you were before puberty, the dreams and hopes that were from that part of life. Well, SHIRTS was my nickname way back then. And now.....
Now, I'm fifty. It really isn't so bad. I'm on the other side of the hill, but you know what? The view over here is just fine. (And it looks like there are more hills to climb.) And just coincidentally, this is an even year. In the even years...I go to Montana. YAY! Heading out there in August. And wouldn't you know it...I have a Montana nickname. (It's heriditary, this nicknaming thing. Grandma Beatrice and Grandpa Chris were Peter and Jake.) So as The Other Side has to do with hills and mountains and Montana, expect to see Pearl posting here.